I was reminded today of the saying that if you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans. So many of my plans have taken a nose dive in the past few years. But God is faithful, and I am confident of this, "that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." Philippians 1:6.
It may be that we have finished again. Our paperwork is complete, and it seems that our homestudy is being finalized. We are reapplying to the Department of Homeland Security for our advance petition to bring in an orphan child. We will have to pay the $830 fee AGAIN, since our homestudy was not submitted within a year of the last time we paid this fee.
We are now beginning our fund raising. Today, I created a letter asking for donations for a raffle and silent auction as well as other ways people can help.
I'm also going to try to start an email list to send updates, so if you would like this information, please sign in on the guest book with your email address. Thanks for sticking with us!




No comments:
Post a Comment